As specialist providers of expert and impartial advice on private school options, Education Advisers are well placed to assist schools in finding alternative options for students who, for whatever reason, are unable to either take up a place or continue at their current school. Although our solutions are within the independent sector we are happy to advise staff in state schools as well as private schools on options for their students.
When the GCSE and A Level results come out, we receive a huge number of enquiries from panicking parents - and students - who are unsure where to go for help. As teachers are very well aware, this is an incredibly stressful time and families are often at a loss as to where to turn for advice on the options.
We work with the full range of private schools and colleges and can normally offer a free service to help find the best possible solution for the child, taking into account factors such as their education to date, exam results and future plans. Of course the parents' budget is also a key factor, but many families are unaware that many independent schools are able to offer significant fee reductions to suitable candidates.
Our consultants are knowledgeable and sympathetic and will spend time speaking with the student and their parents and mapping out a realistic plan.
There is always a way forward!
Potential solutions for students with disappointing results at GCSE or A Level include:
1. BTECS - now offered by an ever increasing range of private schools/colleges
2. Foundation Programmes. Although most are aimed at International students we can also get UK nationals onto some of these programmes
3. Specialist tuition to facilitate retakes for those needing to improve grades to gain university offers
4. Specialist medic, dental and veterinary preparation courses for sixth formers aiming for university medical schools
5. Advice on alternative university courses for those whose grades necessitate a direction change If you would like to speak to us about how we can help your students please call Duncan or Mary on 01622 813870 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For specific student referrals please complete the Enquiry Form.